After discussing the major desire to have cream and butter and how almost everything is cooked in butter, and how hard it is to find food that hasn’t been soaked in dairy some way or another, with a few friends, some offered alternatives. One was that you can use Earth Balance butter substitute and that Ghiradellie chocolate chips were dairy-free! That means I can still enjoy cookies!!!!
I quickly googled non-dairy cookie recipes and came up with a good one at ChooseVeg.com
I was also watching TheSugarPixie.net ‘s little ones, so I got lots of help from my girl, Meta and her girl, Julie.
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Earth Balance, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated (white) sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups (12 oz package) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl.
- beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla in large mixer bowl.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition; gradually beat in flour mixture.
- Stir in chips
- Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake in preheated 375-degree oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown
- Let stand for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
The dough is a bit more loos than I am used to, so my cookies ran into one another in the oven, and if you accidentally forget (like me) a batch in the oven for over the 10 min, they get crispy FAST. I would recommend closer to 8-9 minutes.
The verdict? AMAZING! Love them. I even had Krissy bring by some soy milk so I can have cookies AND milk (never had soy milk before)